How does Telemedicine Work in Emergency Departments?
Emergency Department patients with mental health issues often wait hours or even days for a mental health assessment due to the lack of available psychiatrists, and in many cases, EDs often admit patients when waiting times to see a psychiatrist reach a day or longer. Telemedicine provides an affordable way for hospitals to have seven-day-a-week, 365-day psychiatric coverage in their emergency departments.
Our average physician response time is 7 minutes
What are the benefits of telemedicine in the emergency department?
- Increase appropriate admissions and eliminate hospital transfer
- Shorten ED wait times and length of stay
- Quicker admissions, initial evaluations and turnaround of patient charts
- Move patients quickly to the next level of care to increase bed turnover
- Staff inpatient units during hard-to-staff times – overnight rounding, weekends and holidays